Epson America (Long Beach, California) has announced its first 76-inch, industrial-level, dye-sublimation solution – the SureColor F10070. Designed to offer “reliability, versatility and round-the-clock productivity at a low total cost of ownership,” the SureColor F10070 was engineered to meet the evolving needs of today’s textile industry and to support the expansion of textile sourcing and production. Featuring four 4.7-inch PrecisionCore printheads and a new ‘hot-swappable’ ink system, the printer delivers continuous roll-to-roll performance at production speeds of up to 2,700 square feet per hour. This makes it an ideal solution for print shops looking to fulfill large orders, as it consistently produces high-quality, bright textiles for fashion, sports apparel, home décor, soft signage and more. The new printer will ship direct from Epson America beginning September 1, 2020.
“This year we’ve seen a need for businesses to alter production plans to better accommodate smaller orders and quicker turnaround times to meet changing consumer demands,” said Tim Check, Senior Product Manager of Professional Imaging at Epson America. “The new high-performance SureColor F10070 provides an efficient and cost-effective dye-sublimation solution for print shops looking to produce medium to large high-quality apparel runs, and bid on incoming textile orders from businesses that sell direct to the consumer. Moreover, the SureColor F10070 supports on-shoring production needs in today’s marketplace to help shorten lead times, decrease costs and streamline workflows,” Check added.
The SureColor F10070 comes equipped with an array of industrial-level features to maximize productivity and support continuous production. New user-replaceable 4.7-inch PrecisionCore printheads deliver high-productivity with extreme drop placement accuracy for sharp detail, bright colours and outstanding print quality. Leveraging UltraChrome DS ink technology, the F10070 is the first Epson printer to feature a hot-swappable ink system that automatically switches from an empty ink pack to a new ink pack mid-print, for uninterrupted printing. The new ink system reduces overall ink cost “by over 50%” and allows for longer print runs without user intervention. With a redesigned 9-inch touchscreen control panel, SureColor F10070 operators can see the image printing while monitoring print, paper and ink status – in addition to understanding environmental conditions for optimized print performance.
Designed for demanding industrial environments, the SureColor F10070 includes a new air filtration system and supports an advanced auto-paper tension control and a fabric-head wiper system to clean media and remove dust prior to printing. In addition, a new compact media dryer includes a front and underside heater reaching temperatures up to 230 degrees and 122 degrees Fahrenheit respectfully, to ensure full-speed print performance in a space-saving design. The turnkey solution includes the new Epson Edge workflow software featuring an Adobe PostScript 3 engine for powerful colour management and seamless workflow integration. In addition, the SureColor F10070 is one of the first Epson printers compatible with Epson’s new production-management Cloud Solution, PORT, providing an operational dashboard view of a production line with cloud-based printer fleet reporting.
Features designed to support around-the-clock production include:
- Breakthrough productivity. Four 4.7-inch PrecisionCore printheads deliver industrial-level, roll-to-roll performance at speeds up to 2,700 square feet per hour.
- Brilliant image quality. High-Density Black ink produces exceptional colour saturation and high contrast.
- Seamless workflow. Powerful Epson Edge workflow software features an Adobe PostScript 3 Engine.
- Predictable, reliable performance. Advanced auto paper-tension control and fabric-head wiper enable simple, continuous production.
- More ink and less downtime. Low-cost, high-capacity replaceable ink pack system holds up to 20 litres of ink per colour, which allows for longer print runs without user intervention.
- Performance-optimized Epson DS Transfer Paper. Multi-purpose, rigid photo optimized, adhesive textile, and production papers are available.
- Turnkey Solution is fully supported by Epson. This includes a one-year on-site warranty. Low-cost, extended service plans are also available.
The post Epson unveils SureColor F10070 Industrial Dye-Sublimation Textile Printer appeared first on Graphic Arts Magazine.