The Flexographic Technical Association (FTA – Bohemia, New York) has announced the session details for its Virtual Fall Conference taking place Monday, October 5 to Wednesday, October 7, 2020. The online-only, three-day technical conference theme will be Collaboration Achieves Perfect Vision. Through six sessions and more than 20 technical presentations, expert speakers will explore how design, prepress best practices, colour management, plates and pressroom technologies come together to deliver the ideal package.
“Package printing is an essential business,” said Conference Chair Paul Lancelle of Miraclon Corporation. ” Now, more than ever, brands are relying on their print partners to meet a surging demand for products that are indispensable to everyday life. And printers are turning to the members of their supply chain for assistance, guidance and support. Virtual Fall Conference 2020’s technical content will focus on collaboration between everyone involved – brands, printers and suppliers – to deliver high-quality print, meet extreme demand and prepare for the future.”
The sessions will include:
- Evaluation, Optimization, Control: The Complete Plate Making Package. Building an approach to adopt ever-changing plating technologies when transitioning legacy files, while maintaining process control.
- Moving Through Reality with Virtual Help. Shining a spotlight on people and companies who are successfully conducting business despite the obstacles presented by COVID-19.
- File Preparation for Successful Print Production. Prepress techniques to match flexography and digital, and an examination of print samples made with both technologies.
- Colour Management: The Methods & The Madness. Dissecting colour experts’ recommendations on how to meet brand owner colour expectations and evaluating tools used in today’s colour-managed flexographic workflow.
- Print Quality Scoring: Friend or Foe? An inside look at print quality scoring from a brand that requires it, agencies who monitor it, and printers who control it.
- Promoting Success at the Intersection of Technology & Emotion. How Haney bridges the gap between the aesthetic and technical components of package development, and how sustainability adds an emotional element with invisible benefits.
Delivered through FTA’s Virtual Conference Center, all presentations will be fully interactive. Attendees can participate in live polls, ask questions for end-of-session Q&As, and interact with speakers before and after the event. Virtual Fall Conference 2020 registration includes access to all six session, plus a 10-day Virtual Exhibit, where companies will conduct one-on-one video conferences and live product and equipment demonstrations. Please visit www.flexography.org/fall2020 for more information and to register. Those who register by Monday, September 28 can receive print samples, a loupe and other conference resources.
The post FTA announces its Virtual Fall Conference 2020 session details appeared first on Graphic Arts Magazine.