Mutoh America (Phoenix, Arizona), an industry leader in wide-format printers, has earned six Printing United Alliance Product of the Year awards – making 2020 the ninth consecutive year that Mutoh has earned one or more awards. Open to all Printing United Alliance supplier members, the Product of the Year competition evaluates products that are, or will be, available for sale in 2020. A highly qualified panel of expert judges from across the printing industry evaluated the annual contest’s 200-plus entries in over 85 categories that spanned analogue, digital, output and non-output technologies.
Mutoh won six new awards in the following output categories this year:
- XpertJet 1641SR 64in Eco-Solvent Printer -Roll-to-Roll Solvent/Latex (under 80 inch)
- ValueJet 2638X 104 in Eco-Solvent Printer – Roll-to-Roll Solvent/Latex (over 80 inch)
- XpertJet 661UF 23×19 UV/LED Flatbed Printer -Tabletop Flatbed (Industrial/Small Item Decoration)
- ValueJet 1638UR 64″ Roll to Roll UV/LED Printer – Roll-to-Roll UV (under 80 inch)
- ValueJet 1638UH 64″ Hybrid UV/LED Printer -UV/Latex Hybrid (under $100K)
- XpertJet 1682WR 64″ Dye-Sublimation Printer – Roll-to-Roll Dye Sublimation on Textile (under $50K)
Output devices were judged based on reports generated by measuring colour charts and then comparing them to industry specifications. “This is the only competition I know of that reports on the percentage of Adobe RGB a printer can hit,” said Ray Weiss, Director of Digital Print Programs at Printing United Alliance. “So fierce was the competition this year that some of the categories were decided by tenths of a point.”
“I couldn’t be prouder of our best-in-class printers that are made in Japan,” added Brian Phipps, President and General Manager of Mutoh America. “Mutoh continues to demonstrate its commitment to the highest quality standards in the industry. Winning six more awards this year is just icing on the cake for us and our partners.”
The post Mutoh wins six Printing United Alliance Product of the Year Awards appeared first on Graphic Arts Magazine.