X-Rite Incorporated (Grand Rapids, Michigan), a global leader in colour science and technology (and its subsidiary Pantone), have announced that their popular, in-person Fundamentals of Color and Appearance Training (FOCA) Seminar is now available in an interactive, online learning format. Similar to the classroom format, the new virtual training features self-paced modules, a detailed course guide, printed Munsell activity kit for hands-on learning, and an online discussion board that allows students to interact directly with X-Rite instructors. Attendees will learn colour theory, appearance science, and best practices in order to improve colour control across their workflows and supply chains.
“COVID-19 has accelerated the transformation towards online education,” said Mike Soriano, Director of Global Services at X-Rite/Pantone. “At X-Rite, we’re excited to be one of the first companies to offer an eLearning format that delivers the same in-depth learning experience and content as traditional on-site seminars. Brands, manufacturers and individuals can sign-up and complete the class at their convenience and from the safety of their office or home.” Presented by X-Rite Color Experts, the Online FOCA format is ideal for anyone who works with or specifies colour. It allows quality control professionals, lab technicians, parts’ suppliers, product developers, designers and manufacturers to gain a solid understanding of colour theory, the physics of colour and lighting, colour data, and spectrophotometres. Attendees will “learn how to measure, view and communicate colour to keep production workflows moving forward during these challenging times.”
The online FOCA course includes:
- Access to the online training platform, seven self-paced modules and more than 20 educational videos.
- Comprehensive, in-depth colour and appearance education that includes colour communication, visual colour, history of colour science, colour tolerances, colour measurement and instrumentation.
- A Printed Course Guide designed to complement the online modules and serve as a future resource guide.
- An Interactive Munsell Kit, which is sent to participants to use during the hands-on portion of the seminar to reinforce colour theory and demonstrate knowledge.
- An Online Discussion Board moderated by X-Rite Color Experts, which allows students to post questions and interact with each other.
- A Course Certificate upon completion.
“The online FOCA format is now available in English with plans to expand to multiple languages early next year,” Soriano added. “By offering a variety of training options – including seminars, e-learning and on-site training customized to a company’s needs – we’re making it easier than ever for customers across the globe to access colour theory and colour management training,” Soriano added.
The post X-Rite and Pantone announce availability of Virtual Color and Appearance Seminar appeared first on Graphic Arts Magazine.